Interested in learning more about us?
We exist to provide a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for preschool and school age children. Our focus is to provide a stimulating early care and education experience which promotes each child's social emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our goal is to support children's desire to be life-long learners and to feel/know they can do anything they aspire to do or be in the future.
Our Curriculum Philosophy
Our school practices the Child Centered educational approach for working with young children. This approach is also called "Active Learning" educational approach is based on Jean Piaget's constructivist theory of child development blended with the best teaching practices. The "Active Learning" educational approach that seeks to meet a child's needs on all levels in social, cognitive, physical, and emotional. With this approach, children are mentally and physically active using their whole bodies and all their senses to explore and learn about their world. It views play as children's work - a time when children are planning, testing, questioning, and experimenting to construct their own knowledge about people, objects, events and ideas around them.
Benefits of "Child Centered" Educational Approach
* Help children become independent, responsible and confident
* Give children an opportunity to invent and discover together as they explore materials, ideas and experience events.
* Minimize child conflicts
* Maintain children's interest by allowing them to do what is important to them
* Give children the opportunity to develop skills in which to take care of their own need and solve problems
* Help child develop interpersonal skills
* Help children gain knowledge and skills in content areas such as creative representation, language and literacy, initiative and social relations, music and movement, classification and numbers, space and time.